Investment Policy Statement
Once we examine your financial situation and investment profile, as well as your financial objectives, then it is time to write up an Investment Policy Statement (IPS). This is a statement that outlines the strategic plan for your investments, and also provides direction whenever there is a need for us to modify investing patterns. We advice clients to define in writing their financial objectives and money management supervisory process. Some of the steps considered in an Investment Policy Statement are as follows:
- Clarify objectives.
- Provide investing guidelines.
- Define asset allocation.
- Set forth money management structures.
- Define selection criteria for: money managers, mutual funds, hedge funds or alternative investments.
- Explain securities guidelines.
- Evaluate progress according to your estate planning, fiduciary structure and investment plans.
- Monitoring results, reporting, and communication.
Our advisors will meet with you regularly as part of a consultative process to assess your goals, investment performance, changes in your personal financial situation, and to review changes to your portfolio based on current global economic events.
A Personalized Strategic and Investment Plan
At StateTrust, we develop a customized investing plan for each of our clients. This plan will help you reach your investment objectives and financial goals. We explore every facet of your existing finances and investments by:
- Scrutinizing your current assets, such as stocks, bonds, insurance policies or real estate.
- Examining your cash flows including contributions/disbursements towards your objectives.
- Appraising you of any legal or legislative restrictions that may apply.
- Evaluating personal and family preferences.
Next, we work closely with you to create a portfolio that features diversified holdings, so as to minimize the impact of market downturns, business fluctuations, and other factors. We incorporate:
- Sound asset allocation.
- Strategies that align with capital markets.
- Alternative investment advice.
- Contemporary portfolio models.